Split ends are everyone’s nightmare and the beginning of several hair problems, such as thinning hair or hair breakage. If your hair starts splitting in two, you should definitely search for the cause of your split ends and start fighting against them as soon as possible. In this blog, we’ll tell you how to get rid of your split ends and enjoy beautiful, healthy hair. Read on if you want to know the secrets!
What causes split ends?
Before sharing some tips and tricks on how to get rid of split ends, you have to understand where they’re coming from. There are several causes that can lead to fuzzy, unhealthy ends full of frizz. Here’s a list of the most common reasons which let split ends develop:
How to get rid of split ends?
- Every day bad hair habits, such as taking hot showers, brushing out hair knots, putting your hair up in a towel or sleeping with your hair tied back
- Using heat styling too often/ on high temperature
- Chemical treatments like perms or bleaching
- Using the wrong hair products for your hair type
- Climate and weather
- Bad nutrition
Once you notice split ends on your locks, you have to start acting fast in order to get rid of them. If you don’t fight against your split ends immediately, your hair will get thin, experience breakage and lose shine. Follow these simple steps and say goodbye to your split ends:
How to prevent split ends?
- Get a trim. The fastest and easiest way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. A trim will only take off the damaged ends of your hair and leave you with healthy locks
- Get a Keratin treatmentat Chris Chase Salon. The Keratin will build up your broken disulfide bonds and repair damaged hair
- Seal your ends with hair oil. If your hair isn’t too damaged yet, you might be able to save it!
While the options to get rid of split ends are rather limited, there are several ways to prevent frizzy hair. If you take care of your locks properly, you’re less likely to experience damage, breakage and unhealthy hair in general. Have a look at these tips:
Start taking care of your hair
- Turn down the heat! Your hot styling tools will damage your locks significantly if the temperature is too high
- Use heat protection before styling your hair
- Only let experienced stylists color your hair. The chemicals used in hair colors are aggressive and can damage your hair if they’re not used correctly
- Use conditioner and hair masks to nourish your hair and prevent it from drying out
- Use the right hair care products. Give us a visit at Chris Chase to find your perfect match!
Regular salon visits at Chris Chase Salon will help you take care of your locks and avoid any kind of damage. Our stylists are experts in what they do, and are always here to help you get the best service for your hair!